07 Ghost Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online community about 07 Ghost.

Problems running and installing

sharecash

Problems running and installing Empty Problems running and installing

Post  sharecash Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Hello. I am using WIN 7 64bit home premium OEM that I bought in the UK. Some older games will not run after installation (Battle stations pacific). I have been told that uprading and running in xp mode can fix older programes not running. I also have a game that will not install, 'Napoleon total war' when I get a message 'the administrator has set policies to prevent installation', this game should install on win 7 according to the system requirments. I have read through as many forums as I can find with this topic and found no solution that will fix this on my pc. All the fixes I have read about are not possible or don't work.
    1> Tried switchng UAC off, same message.
    2> Same massage when run as administrator.
    3> Tried (Start, Run, rsop.msc) 'windows cannot find this please check you have typed correctly'.
    4> Local security settings do not exist.
    5> Tried this, 'Browse the registry to HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
    Create: DisableMSI Type: REG_DWORD value = 0 (0 should allow you to install it was originally 1)'. Along that path there is not 'Installer' within 'Windows'.
    6> Tried 'Browse to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\
    Search the list for the product that is causing the error.. delete the folder in the products folder… this may also correct your error…'. This did not work.
    7> All drivers are up to date as far as I am aware and windows is updated.

I am at a complete loss, whoever can solve this for me I will be internally greatful to.
    Regards, Ben.

videopoker
    jouer au poker

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:08 pm